For anyone who’s watched the TV show “The Office” as religiously as I have, the classic “stapler in Jell-O” trick surely sounds familiar. It’s pretty much what the name describes: Simply make a batch of Jell-O, but make sure your colleague’s stapler is hidden inside the mold. As I said — classic. But what other, less conventional pranks are out there to add some kicks to an otherwise average day at the office?
We asked our friends and combed the internet for more examples of some of the funniest office pranks, and pulled together this list to serve as inspiration for your own work pranks. Every company has a story or two about that funny office prank of yore. Whether you’re doing some early April Fool’s Day research, or just feeling a little tricksy, it’s time to get a prank of your own in the books. Here are some ideas.
Funny Pranks to Pull on Your Coworkers
1) When Halloween is around the corner, these caramel onions are no match for other tricks (or treats).
Source: Rant Lifestyle
2) And speaking of Halloween, here’s what nightmares are truly made of.
Source: Rant Lifestyle
3) Fish food (hopefully) included.
Source: Reddit user jihadaze
4) We hope nobody called the paramedics.
5) Tighten the zip-tie, throw it … and run for your life.
6) The perfect use for those sticky notes that keep piling up.
Source: Reddit, Bzbzbzbz
7) Never ask your work buddy to unlock your phone for you.
8) That’s one way to make sure everyone’s alert before a meeting.
Source: Reddit user JJ0EE
9) At least it’s not glitter?
Source: Reddit, williebeth
10) For trolls, by trolls.
11) Oh look, a budget trip to the beach.
Source: Imgur user Sanjeev
12) That’s it. You’re suspended.
13) Hey everyone, there’s cake up for grabs in the kitchen.
Source: Reddit user blinhorst
14) “I don’t know, I feel like my boss is always watching me.”
Source: Imgur user DecentLeaf
15) Simple, yet brilliant.
16) I’m not even mad. I’m just impressed.
Source: Reddit user BOOMTimebomb
17) This could actually make your cat-loving co-worker’s day.
Source: Reddit user cstyves
18) “You said you wanted to spend more time with nature.”
19) For the prankster with NO SOUL.
20) Just the adrenaline rush you needed.
21) Warning: It could scare the bejeezus out of you, too.
Source: Reddit user 12q9et
Funny Pranks to Pull on Your Boss
22) “For the man who never has enough time.”
23) … Or anyone, really, who never has enough time — regardless of decor preferences.
24) About that whole, “At least it’s not glitter” thing …
25) Sometimes, you’re not sure how to ask for another day off.
26) Congratulations, you finally learned about your manager’s celebrity anti-crush.
27) When words just aren’t enough to express your sentiment.
28) “Hey chief, I found a spider on your desk, but don’t worry — it’s been handled.”
29) And finally, for the boss who has everything, it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
What’s the best office prank you’ve ever pulled off? Let us know in the comments.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2015 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
from HubSpot Marketing Blog https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/funny-office-pranks